GPS Hospitality COVID-19 Preparedness Response Plan
GPS Hospitality operates over 480 restaurants in 13 states, under the brand names of Burger King, Popeyes Louisiana
Kitchen, and Pizza Hut. GPS Hospitality aims to protect its restaurant level workforce and guests by enacting
appropriate prevention efforts in response to COVID-19. GPS Hospitality has instituted this COVID-19 Preparedness
and Response Plan for Restaurants (the “Plan”) to outline some of the measures GPS Hospitality is instituting to
protect employees and guests, and GPS Hospitality is continually monitoring guidance from local, state, and federal
health officials and implementing workplace and Plan modifications where appropriate. This Plan is available upon
request to employees, customers and, if applicable, labor unions, and can be found at https://www.gpshospitality.com/
The intent of the Plan is to be consistent with the recommendations of the Occupational Safety and Health
Administration (“OSHA”) and their Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19. The OSHA guidance is available
The Plan is designed to incorporate applicable and practicable OSHA recommendations and we reserve the right to
amend the Plan on a case-by-case basis in order to assure the health and safety of our employees and customers.
In order to help employers determine appropriate precautions, OSHA has divided job tasks into four risk exposure
levels as identified below.
GPS Hospitality’s Plan:
GPS Hospitality’s employees at the restaurant level are at the medium risk exposure level and therefore GPS Hospitality
has implemented the following control measures:
- Frequent hand washing is required.
- Social distancing of at least six feet is required, to the extent practicable.
- Where available, providing hand sanitizer in high-traffic areas for guests.
- Employees are asked to practice respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes.
- Employees are encouraged to self-monitor for signs of COVID-19. If employees experience symptoms of COVID-19,
they are encouraged to report it and isolate from the work place and others.
- Employees who are sick, have fever, or who have other COVID-19 symptoms are encouraged to stay home.
- Employees are screened daily prior to starting their shift, and the employee will be asked to leave the worksite
if they display symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or do not otherwise meet the screening conditions. Such
employees may only resume in-person work upon meeting all return-to-work requirements of GPS Hospitality.
- Increased routine environmental cleaning and disinfection, especially of common and high touch areas.
- Physical barriers, such as clear plastic guards, will be installed where feasible.
- Customers will be informed, by signage and other appropriate measures, about symptoms of COVID-19 and sick
customers will be asked to minimize contact with workers until healthy again.
- Where appropriate, customer and the public access to the worksite will be limited, and available seating in dining
room will be spaced to allow social distancing.
- Face-to-face contact is to be minimized to the extent possible (e.g., drive-through windows).
- Appropriate PPE will be available as work tasks require. This includes, but is not limited to, face coverings and
- Available seating in dining rooms will be spaced to encourage social distancing between parties.
- Implementing steps to provide contactless payment and food delivery for guests.
- All self-serve items removed and served by team members.
This Plan responds to the COVID-19 outbreak. As this pandemic progresses, GPS Hospitality reserves the right to
update this Plan and its corresponding processes.
This Plan will expire upon conclusion of its need, as determined by GPS Hospitality and in accordance with guidance
from local, state, and federal health officials.
For additional details regarding the Plan, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Plan has been made in compliance with Executive Order No. 2020-91 of the Governor of the State of Michigan (as
amended, extended or replaced, from time to time).